Saturday, March 19, 2011

learning!!!

Hey guys,

This is going to be a short one, I dont have much time... So, the past two weeks i have had classes. The first week was orientation and survivor camp, then one pastor came from Argentina and another this week from the States. The Argentinian pastor was great, he spoke on God´s calling and how we are to respond to that, he then followed those points up with how you should be spiritually and emotionally serving God. He spoke on integrity, and many other topics. We get about 25 hrs of class time a week and its been good. God is helping me with patience issues, not having control, just having to go with the flow, its a little rough coming from being on my own for the past 5 or 6 yrs. I´m down about 10 to 15 lbs since i last updated my blog, I think the bible should be translated man can not live on rice alone... lol, its funny but true. No really I love it here, I´ve been able to do some soul searching and Im definetely going to be ready when it comes time for outreach. Mosquitos are bad here, it was on the news, swarms came in and they´ve been here for a while now. I´m going down river tomorrow to have lunch with the fanily of one of the students here, 40 minutes rowing down the Amazon and back 40... Literally sounds like a blast, as long as I bring pepto bismol... and deet. 100% anyhing else just upsets them and they bite more... Ive been named alltime goalie here, I love it and Im actually pretty good. That and all the running they don´t want me to do, maybe play defense, bt with the heat, humidity, and all, running in the states is a breeze... Not a hugely indepth one, but Im informing yall what´s going on. I love and miss everyone of you and I pray everyone of you has a blessed week and is a blessing to someone else this week.

Love,

George Palmer

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates George. I'm grateful for all that you're experiencing in the Amazon! I know this will be a life-changing experience for you...you may feel like you've had enough of those, but I know God is working a miracle in you and through you right now!

    Blessings in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you George! Sounds like a truly amazing experience. A quote from Helen Keller came to mind when I read your blog. "Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight." Keep goin' and growin' with it. You are in my prayers. Dawn

    ReplyDelete