Thursday, August 4, 2011

Long time coming, wrapping up my time here in South America

Hey guys,


So, I went and used the restroom and the man who runs the internet cafe logged me off the computer, so this is round 2 of typing up this blog. I will be returning to the Big D on August 9th at 6:20 PM and I am so excited to be back home. I will miss South America, especially Iquitos, but it will be so great to see everyone back home!!! Im looking forward to getting re-established back home. I have a sales job lined up and look forward to serving and being a part of James Group ministries, Prince of Peace, and the Filling Station with George Brandon. I am going to have a more focused approach on ministries and what Im apart of, and that might change as well, that´s just where I feel God leading me at the moment. The past month has been a wild and crazy ride. I´ve been in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, Arica, Chile, a town 1 hr outside of Cusco, Peru, Lima, Peru and now Im wrapping up my time with YWAM back in the great city of Iquitos. God moved mightily during that time in many ways, people experiencing new relationships with Jesus Christ, many people re-newing their relationship with the Lord. Working with churches and the people of each city was fantastic! I would like to share with you guys how the Lord has been working on my heart these past 6 months and why I look forward to getting back home and starting a new chapter in my life. I just want to choose the 3 top ways God has worked in me. Well actually 4, because this is cool. So my faith in God has grown so much deeper these past 6 months and I have na expample of how my faith has increased. So yesterday I got 100.00 US dollars stolen from my wallet. I dont know where, but it was stolen. I was furious when I found out. I dont have a lot of money when I return to the States and now someone stole from me. Ugh, I was so angry for majorty of the morning when I found out. After lunch I prayed and asked God to help me. I was reminded of Matthew 6: 25-33, look to the birds of the air, the flowers of the field... God has me in His hands. He knows my needs and if I seek first His kingdom and rightousness all these things will be given to me as well. Not saying someone is going to hand me 100.00, although I believe God can do it and I would give Him all the glory if that happened. So, now and even after lunch yesterday, what happened, happened and there isn´t much I can do to figure out who stole it. So I chose to seek first His Kingdom and His rightousness and I had peace, and it was great ( in a crazy wierd way...) The 3rd biggest, Interpersonal relationships. Interacting with people, getting along with people, learning how to live in community with 29 other people will do that. Ive learned to talk less and listen more. God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason... To look to others as better than yourself. Not in a bad way, but as a biblical mandate that helps with selfishness and many other things. Another is patience, God has been working on my patience level since I arrived in the jungle. I have learned to be cautious when praying for help with patience. God doesn´t go poof, you have patience, He gives us more chanced to be patient, which might not be how we would like it, but I think its how He works. I have a lot more patience at this point in my life and I thank God for that. The biggest way I have improved or the biggest way God has worked in my life is confidence. I am an adopted son of the creator of the world, God. I was bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, I am a co-heir with Christ!!! If that doesn´t give you confidence in living this life I don´t know what will... The biggest catalyst for this change in my life is doing a 6 day fast of communication, meaning no talking, using the internet, etc... for 6 DAYS!!! If you have spent any time around me, one thing you know, I am a talker. I tell jokes, I like to entertain people, and all that´s not bad. Its perfectly natural for my personality. But to do it for confidence is a different thing. To do it for the approval of others is bad. To be the center of attention because thats how I get my self worth is not a healthy way to live at all. So during this 6 day fast the first 4 days were brutal. I dealt with feelings of anger, rage, frustration, followed with short bursts of peace and a feeling like everything´s going to be alright. It was a big up and down roller coaster experience the first 4 days. Day 5, God really spoke to me in some amazing ways. I was able to speak when I was praying and worshiping. During worship we were singing this song, and in English its translated receive all the honor, receive all the glory, precious Son of God. It rhymes and sounds better in spanish but thats whatever. And it hit me, joking around, talkign a lot, being an entertainer isn´t bad, its how God made me. But I can only get my self worth, confidence, all that from HIM. That´s it. Also, whatever comes out of my mouth if it doesn´t give HIM glory or honor, why say it. That includes foul jokes, dirty words, etc... Tha just excites me and I cant wait for the next challenge, adventure God is going to lead me to, and that is to readjust back home and get myself re-established in the DFW. I see myself doing missionary work back here in Iquitos, in the jungle, just not right now. I apologize for not updating this on more of a regular basis, but it is what it is. I thank all of you for praying for me, it made a HUGE difference. I prayed for many of you and I just feel so blessed to have the family and friends I have. Thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to seeing you back home in the states in person!!!

Blessings,

George

No comments:

Post a Comment