Friday, April 9, 2010

So High - In Padre

Sooo, I was sort of a trouble maker growing up, no I was, and my mom packed me a large suitcase and told me I was going to summer camp with the youth group. I was bummed out at first, I sort of ditched the whole church thing and had my own thing going ( working out and when I could getting high), but when I thought about it more how bad could a week on the beach be, even with a church group... So 9 crazy long hours we arrive to Padre, the trip down there was epic. I wont go into detail, just a bunch of goons wired and amped for the beach. I thought some of the people were soooo lame, the first couple hours I wished I had some bud, but then I started talking to people and realized they were pretty normal. The first night we had our first meeting, the excitement in the room was intense. People screeming, Oscar making jokes, it was actually pretty awesome. The speaker got up and did his thing. Let me tell u what, I think EVERY person on the planet should listen to what this guy has to say. Its not him saying it though, its the Holy Spirit pouring out of him and piercing the hearts of the audience. The holy spirit pierced my heart that night, not through the speaker, but through worship. We had worship for about 30-45 minutes and for the first 25 minutes I was wierded out. I didnt want to be into the whole closing eyes, raising hands, I had to be a tough guy, thats how I was gonna get the lady's. Well that idea didn't last long, I started talking to God, why not, it wasn't like I was at a church camp or something... I asked Him to let me experience Him like these people were, with passion and abandon. He met me word for word. I started singing after that prayer and it was like a wave of joy hit me like a mac truck. I started singing louder to God for letting me experience this joy I'd never felt before. Pure raw joy, joy that's not from this world. Joy that changed my life forever. I had heard of Jesus and asked him into my heart in the seventh grade and sort of left it at that. I got baptized my freshman year in confirmation and for the first time I truly felt God. That week changed my life, forever. There are two songs that are ingrained into my mind and one of the songs the chorus goes like this So hear my spirit groan in me, a painful sense of urgency to tell you that you are to me, So High. It was the third day we were there, it was a work day, we had worship that night and I was bellowing this song, like I said when God got ahold of me the impressing girls thing was like third priority... Anywho, I was bellowing this song and I had a vision as I had my eyes closed and hands in the air. It was the most beautiful picture I've ever seen, cause it was like live, it was Jesus and I holding each other and we were walking up a hill. The other song was Speechless, and one of the lines in the song goes like this, I was your wondering son, I squandered everything u gave to me, I stood far off and thought, that you wouldn't want anything to do with me. But you were waiting for me, said there's nothing to prove, and I am speechless. And from then on I was sold out for Christ. For him to let me experience him in that way was totally awesome. Words can't describe how I felt, and the change was real. I got home, my friend owed me a G, I told him to keep it, I'm done and they were actually arrested for possession two weeks later...

No comments:

Post a Comment